Sunday, April 3, 2011

Random Thoughts

As I sit here on a Sunday evening thinking about what I could write about on this blog besides The Velvet Box, a lot of things come to mind. First I am not the type of person to tell a lot of my personal business to people, well family and friends let alone to strangers on the Internet. But I am a person  that thinks very deeply (sometimes to a fault) with very strong opinions and the more I read other blogs, the more I feel inclined to share some of those thoughts and a little bit about myself. Because I didn't feel like beading or taking pictures or promoting anything tonight.

First of all I thank God for allowing me to be where I am right now, even though things are not exactly the way I would like them to be, I know that His purpose, plan and timing is right. I have no other choice but to trust God and let His will be done. Now if you are reading this and happen to not believe the way that I believe, I am sorry, I am not here to offend anyone, but to me Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Light, I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ. I thank Him for loving me and giving me forgiveness, mercy and grace each and everyday in spite of myself. I am not a judgemental person because I never claimed to be perfect. In my eyes we all have a long way to go and much to learn. No one knows everything, the day you stop learning is the day you die.

A little bit about me...

To my family I am somewhat eccentric. Sort of one of the hippies in the family. I have a cousin Sharonda who probably should have been my sister because we are a lot alike and let me tell you we get teased about our ways.

Some think because of your culture or the way you were raised limits you to what your personal tastes should be. Well I say wrong. We all develop our own likes and dislikes according to what you are exposed to or what you let yourself be exposed to, and I just happen to expose myself to a lot of different things. (according to some)

Music

I love music. I played flute and percussion in school and always sang in choirs. My Mother had a wide taste in music, but not as wide as me. I know she planted the seed for my varying tastes in music. I like real music and real singers, not manufactured, auto-tuned pop stars that the record companies force down your throat and brainwash you into thinking they are the best thing since sliced bread. I could write all day about this subject, but I am just going to give you a sample of some of the people that I have in personal collection and admire. NOTE: This list does not include any of my favorite Gospel artists, there are very many of those and I can spark the debate on whether you should listen to secular music or not, although I feel that you should be careful about what you expose yourself to, I am not here to do that. (after I just wrote all of that I just thought why I am writing a disclaimer about my music list?... whatever)






OKAY! Enough!. You get the point... lol.
I didn't think that I wound go on and on, but I just about got carried away. This is just a little insight about me for now. I probably will  talk about some other stuff later, like food, movies, natural hair and fashion in more Random Thoughts

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this! I was the "different" one in my family too! Lol! It never bothered me much though...it just bothered others ;). Oooh I loved that Wendy and Lisa album! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Thank you! I am a hardcore Wendy and Lisa fan. They have another album out. It came out a couple of years ago. I love it. I am glad you stopped by, Thank you so much. PS - It's funny how just being yourself can seem 'different' to others. Keep on being you!

    ReplyDelete